This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Seating clinician with excellent clinical skills to join our expanding team and help drive the business forward. You will provide clinical services around the UK working with multidisciplinary teams in wheelchair services, schools and with private clients, as well as working from the factory in Birmingham. You will be conducting assessments for specialist seating and assistive technology for people with complex disabilities and will be responsible for the design and creation of innovative solutions to meet the client’s postural and mobility needs.
Active Design is steadily growing with considerable recent investment, as a senior seating engineer you will help to grow the business in both service provision and product development. You will have an opportunity to develop your skills and undertake research, design and development work. Travel will be part of the role, however we believe a work-life balance to be very important. Many of the clinics we currently run are based around North London and the across Midlands.
Active Design is committed to promoting a 24-hour approach to postural management, over the last 30 years we have trained thousands of clinicians in Chailey principles and equipment prescription. We have set the benchmark for the UK seating industry, with designs derived from evidence-based research. Our product ranges includes orthogonal & dynamic seating, lynx, hybrid and custom contoured seating, lying supports and a wide range of accessories. We have probably the most extensive range of in-house manufacturing facilities of any seating company in the UK, including CNC Machining (3 and 4 axis) for metal, wood, plastics and foam, TIG & MIG welding, power presses, vacuum forming and powder coating.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree or HND/HNC in a relevant subject area aligned with Rehabilitation Engineering, physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy or equivalent experience
- Excellent Clinical Skills related to special seating and postural management
- Experience of custom contoured seating including casting and prescription
- Good knowledge and experience in assessment and provision of all types of special seating and wheelchairs including custom moulded and orthogonal seating
- Sound engineering and technical skills and knowledge as well as experience of application of these in a clinical setting
- Registration as a clinical technologist or clinical scientist is desirable
- Masters level education
- Experience in 3D scanning and CAD software such as Solidworks, Fusion 360 or MeshMixer would be advantageous.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary including company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Company van, laptop, ipad, mobile phone
If you feel you have the right combination of clinical, engineering and technical skills, and a problem-solving approach to your work and possess a genuine interest in making a positive contribution to the quality of life of people with complex disability through creative solutions then we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying, please send in your CV and a covering letter or for further details, or an informal chat, please contact Joyjit Sarkar (email@example.com).
Closing Date: 14th of January 2022