The Chailey Lying Support is available in a range of sizes and with many options and accessories, and if we don’t have it we can probably make it!
The Chailey Lying Support provides the opportunity for user to actually improve their postural ability. It can be used for sleep or play, and can be set up in both prone and supine. And what makes it different from other lying supports, is once it’s been adjusted, you won’t need to do it every night.
A few details
About the Chailey Lying Support
The Chailey Lying Support provides a fully controlled symmetrical and stable base in both prone and supine lying, allowing the user to experience a higher level of postural ability than would be possible without it. Shoulder protraction, anterior pelvic tilt, pelvic de-rotation and symmetry are encouraged by the arrangement of pads and wedges and is aided by gravity. The lower body is controlled with a full length pommel and side pads to control internal and external rotation. This position allows the individual to experience normal developmental patterns, learning to control balance and load shift.
It will help a child’s posture and let the child have:
- A higher level of ability in the product than out of it
- A good position for movement
- Consistent and repeatable movement
- Support so they can concentrate on other activities and skills
- Maintain a symmetrical body shape
- Provide opportunities to practice movement.
All of these things are used as part of a 24 hour postural management programme. They should help a child to develop practical ability and postural skill.
Some Key Features of the Design.
- The position provided enables the individual to experience normal developmental patterns, learning to control balance and loadshift
- Provides therapeutically correct and symmetrical postural support
- Ideal for use as part of a 24 hour postural management programme
- Washable and fire retardant cushion covers in a range of colours
Here you can download supporting information.
Take a look at